Grits: The Original Comfort Food
Buttery, yummy, salty grits for the soul!
- 4 cups Water
- 1 cup Quick White Grits
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter
- In a saucepan, bring water and 1 tsp salt to a boil.
- Stir in 1 cup of quick white grits. Stir until there are no visible lumps.
- Once the grits have returned to a boil, turn heat to low, cover with a lid for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of butter and stir from the bottom of the pan until melted.
- Cover with lid. Stir every few minutes as grits burn easily.
- If the grits are too thick, add water and stir. If they are too soupy, leave them on low heat for awhile longer.
- After 10 minutes, when the grits are creamy, remove from heat.
- Add salt to taste and MORE butter, if needed.
**I enjoy buttery, salty, creamy grits…..If needed, add more salt and butter to taste after cooking