The Perfect Cinnamon Chip Scone
A delightful cinnamony surprise
- Baking Sheet
- Silicone Mat
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon Chips
- 2/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Half n Half
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On your baking sheet, place a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Add flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder to a mixing bowl and stir.
- Add heavy cream, egg and vanilla to another mixing bowl and stir.
- Put butter into dry mixture and chop until the butter pieces are about pea size.
- Stir in cinnamon chips.
- Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Using your hands, incorporate until a dough forms. If there are dry ingredients that didn't incorporate add a splash of heavy cream and mix in.
- Form dough in a ball and place on baking sheet.
- Press in to a round 8"inch shape, approximately 1 inch thick.
- Cut in to 8 pie shapes and move each scone slightly away from its neighbor.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until edges are slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Drizzle your icing and enjoy!
- Stir half n half, cinnamon, powdered sugar and vanilla together until dissolved. Stir right before drizzling it on your scones.